JEFFREY TRÆR BERNSTEIN
I work at the intersection of design and technology to invent new ways of interacting with computers. My goal is to build things that make learning, communicating and creating simpler, easier and more fun.
I come up with ideas, draw pictures, animate and make interactive prototypes using code.
I have worked at Apple since 2007, where I lead the Design and Prototyping team in Sensor Software. We are a team of inventors, designers and prototypers working across all of Apple's products to explore what new interfaces mean to our devices, operating systems and applications.
Here are some of the products we have been a part of:
- iPhone X — Face ID, swipe up for home, Animoji, Portrait Mode
- iPhone 7 Plus — telephoto lens and Portrait Mode
- iPad Pro + Apple Pencil + Smart Keyboard
- Apple TV + Siri Remote
- iPhone 6S — 3D Touch + Live Photos
- MacBook Pro — Force Touch Trackpad and Taptic Engine
- iPad Mini
- macOS — Multitouch Trackpad gestures
physics library for Processing that some people still use.
Here are some videos of some other things I made a long time ago.
I got married in 2011. Some people wrote about it here and here.
Before all that, I dropped out of a PhD at Princeton, did a masters in music at Stanford and EE/CS in college at the University of Western Ontario.